Sunday

18 most powerful quotes


18 most powerful quotes from noble freedom fighters  in the world. Some of these noble men as you might know, suffered for the sake of a better tomorrow for all irrespective of colour and gender.

  • ...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth - Abraham Lincoln



  • No man is poor who had a godly mother - Abraham Lincoln  
  • I cannot help being sincere in what I write". - Dele Giwa
  • Africa has come of age. It is no longer under the orbit of any extra continental power. It should no longer take orders from country, however powerful. The fortunes of Africa are in our hands to make or mar - General Muhammed
  • ...we cannot afford to continue with sterile political strife and mutual recriminations - Maj. Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi
  • I joined the NCNC because I wanted to see what I could do for the common man rather than think of myself alone - Olufunmilayo Ransome-Kuti
  • We were aware that the white man is sitting at our table. We know he has no right to be there; we want to remove him from our table, strip the table of all the trappings put on it by him, decorate it in true African style, settle down and then ask him to join us on our terms if he wishes - Steve Biko
  • Revolution does not mean everybody should be poor, but that everybody should be ric. - Compaore
  • I have fought white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve, but if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die - Nelson Mandela 
  • An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind - Mahatma Ghandi
  • I am prepared to die for this cause, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill any many... - Mahatma Ghandi
  • I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not judged by the colour of their skin but by content of their character - Martin Luther King, JP
  • I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, sons of former slaves and sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together a the table of brotherhood -  Martin Luther King, JP
  • Ask what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you - John F. Kennedy 
  • We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Thomas Jefferson
  • Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity -  Horace Mann 
  • It is increasingly clear that our responsibility is to teach children how to think, rather than to tell them what to think - W. J. Gadpaille
  • Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts - Winston Churchill 




No comments:

Post a Comment